Earth Verses the Flying Saucers

by admin on September 5, 2012

How the war between humans and aliens gave us the technology that operates our civilization and the first public face to face communication between extraterrestrials and humans.

By Gary Opit

Col. Philip J. Corso, (Retired), a former Pentagon Official, published his memoirs in 1997 detailing the discovery of  intelligent extraterrestrial life forms and the retrieval of a crashed spacecraft in 1947 in New Mexico. Entitled The Day After Roswell and written with William J. Birnes, with a Forward by Senator Strom Thurmond, Col. Corso described the top secret ‘war’ between the aliens and the United States military.

Corso started his military career as a draftee out of Pennsylvania, was chosen for Officer Candidate School, went on to Military Intelligence School and he ended up in Strategic Intelligence. He served on General MacArthur’s staff in Korea and on President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s White House National Security Council. As head of the Foreign Technology Desk at the U.S. Army Research and Development department in the Pentagon and under orders from Lt. Gen. Arthur G. Trudeau, Corso was entrusted with the military’s greatest secret, a treasure trove of alien artefacts harvested from the crashed space craft.

His job was to study the devices and after establishing their purpose, hand them over to American companies involved with the military so as to integrate the technology into the military arsenal and the private business sector. In this way the United States was able to surpass the Russians in space, land men on the moon, and bring an end to the Cold War.

Even more important, it changed the course of twentieth-century history. Our dependence on today’s transistors, integrated circuit chips, fibre optics, lasers and super-tenacity fibres, all of it alien technology, created early twenty first-century civilization. However, Col. Corso was concerned that the aliens may have intentionally seeded our civilization with their technology for purposes known only to them.

Col. Corso’s remarkable entanglement with extraterrestrials began unexpectedly on Sunday night, 6 July 1947, at Fort Riley, Kansas, the former home of Custer’s 7th Cavalry, where he had his only encounter with a being not of this world. In his own words he writes;

“The post duty sheet for that evening read that the veterinary building was off limits to everyone. Not even the sentries were allowed inside because whatever had been loaded in had been classified as “no access.”…I was the post duty officer and could go anywhere I wanted during the watch. So I walked inside the old veterinary building, and saw where the cargo from the convoy had been stacked. There was no one in the building except for Bill Brown and myself.

There were about thirty-odd wooden crates nailed shut and stacked together against the far wall of the building. …I found an oblong box off to one side with a wide seam under the top that looked like it had been already opened. …I picked up the top and slid it off to the edge….The contents, enclosed in a thick glass container, were submerged in a thick light blue liquid….But the object was floating, actually suspended, and not sitting on the bottom with a fluid over top, and it was soft and shiny as the underbelly of a fish. At first I thought that it was a dead child they were shipping somewhere. But this was no child. It was a four-foot human-shaped figure with arms, bizarre-looking four-fingered hands – I didn’t see a thumb – thin legs and feet, and a oversized incandescent lightbulb-shaped head that looked like it was floating over a balloon gondola for a chin. I know I must have cringed at first, but then I had the urge to pull off the top of the liquid container and touch the pale gray skin. But I couldn’t tell whether it was skin because it also looked very like a very thin one piece head-to-toe fabric covering the creature’s flesh.

Its eyeballs must have been rolled way back in its head because I couldn’t see any pupils or iris or anything that resembled a human eye. But the eye sockets themselves were oversized and almond shaped and pointed down to its tiny nose, which didn’t really protrude from the skull. It was more like the tiny nose of a baby that never grew as the child grew, and it was mostly nostril.

The creature’s skull was overgrown to the point where all its facial features – such as they were – were arranged absolutely frontally, occupying only a small circle on the lower part of the head. The protruding ears of a human were nonexistent, its cheeks had no definition, and there were no eyebrows or any indication of facial hair. The creature had only a tiny flat slit for a mouth and it was completely closed, resembling more of a crease or indentation between the nose and the bottom of the chinless skull than a fully functioning orifice. I would find out years later how it communicated, but at that moment in Kansas, I could only stand there in shock over the clearly nonhuman face suspended in front of me in a semi liquid preservative.

I could see no damage to the creature’s body and no indication that it had been involved in any accident. There was no blood, its limbs seemed intact, and I could find no lacerations on the skin or through the gray fabric. I looked through the crate encasing the container of liquid for any paperwork or shipping invoice or anything that would describe the nature or origin of this thing.

What I found was an intriguing Army Intelligence document describing the creature as an inhabitant of a craft that had crash-landed in Roswell, New Mexico, earlier that week and a routing manifest for this creature to the log-in officer at the Air Materiel Command at Wright Field and from him to the Walter Reed Army Hospital morgue’s pathology section where, I suppose, the creature would be autopsied and stored….. The nightmare of the creature I saw at Fort Riley never faded from my memory, although I was able to bury it during my years as a guided-missile commander in Europe. And I never saw its body again the rest of my life except for the autopsy photos and the medical-examiner sketches that would catch up with me, along with the rest of what happened at Roswell, when I returned from Germany for assignment at the Pentagon in 1961”

    That was when Col. Corso became head of the Foreign Technology Desk at the U.S. Army Research and Development department in the Pentagon and he had under his command the Roswell craft filing cabinet which contained the information as to what had occurred and how the information and the alien equipment had ended up in his office.

    After the Roswell space ship crash, Central Intelligence group director Adm. Roscoe Hillenkoetter and Secretary of Defence James Forrestal briefed President Truman. General Nathan P. Twining dispatched the dead aliens to the Bethesda Naval Hospital and the Walter Reed Army Hospital for analysis by the two military services. The space craft was sent to Wright Field and the wreckage was distributed among the different military and civilian bureaus for analysis. They believed the aliens were hostile entities because if they were on a peaceful mission to Earth they would not have avoided contact by taking evasive manoeuvres even as they penetrated US airspace and hovered repeatedly over the US’s most secret military installations.

    Col. Corso wrote “We didn’t know what the EBEs wanted at first, but we knew that between the cattle mutilations, surveillance of our secret weapons installations, reports of strange abductions of human beings, and their consistent buzzing of our unmanned and manned space launchers, the EBEs weren’t just friendly visitors looking for a polite way to say “Hello, we mean you no harm”…From the very beginning of our endeavours to put satellites in orbit, the extraterrestrials have been surveilling and then actively interfering with our launch vehicles and in some cases the manned and unmanned payloads themselves by buzzing them, jamming radio transmissions, causing electrical problems with the spacecraft’s systems, or causing mechanical malfunctions. American astronauts and Soviet cosmonauts have separately reported sightings of UFOs so routinely that it’s become commonplace.

    Fears of an attack to probe our planet’s ability to defend itself were running rampant at National Security and through the military chiefs during the middle 1950s. After he retired from the army, even General Douglas MacArthur got into the fray, urging the military to prepare itself for what he felt would be the next major war. He told the New York Times in 1955 that “The nations of the world will have to unite for the next war will be an interplanetary war. The nations of the Earth must someday make a common front against attack by people from other planets.” The public took little notice of that comment, but it was, in fact, a disclosure of the strategic thinking of the military back in the 1950s and explains part of the paranoia the government was displaying about all information relating to the flying saucers and unidentified aircraft.

    They didn’t just shadow or survey our space craft in orbit; they buzzed us and tried to create such havoc with our communications systems that NASA more than once had to rethink astronaut safety in the Mercury and Gemini programs. Years later, there was even some speculation among Army Intelligence analysts who had been out of the NASA strategy loop that the Apollo moon-landing program was ultimately abandoned because there was no way to protect the astronauts from possible alien threats.

    The alien spacecraft were also aggressively buzzing our frontline defences in Eastern Europe…probing our radar to see how quickly we responded…Our only successes in defending against them, back in the late 1950s and early 1960s, occurred when we were able to get a firm tracking radar lock,…it somehow interfered with their navigational ability and the vehicle’s flight became erratic. If we were especially fortunate and able to boost the signal before they broke away, we could actually bring them down. Sometimes we actually got lucky enough to score a hit with a missile before the UFO could take any evasive action, which an army defence battalion did with an antiaircraft missile near Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany in May 1974. The spacecraft managed to crash-land in a valley. The craft was retrieved and flown back to Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada.

    They had a technology vastly superior to ours, which we had to study and exploit in case they turned more aggressive…So investigate first, but prepare for the day when the whole undertaking would have to be disclosed. This President Truman could understand. He had trusted General Twining to manage this potential crisis from the moment Secretary of Defence James Forrestal had alerted him that the crash had taken place. And General Twinning had done a brilliant job. He kept the lid on the story and brought back everything that he could under one roof. President Truman understood as General Twinning described to him the strangeness of the spacecraft that seemed to have no engines, no fuel, nor any apparent methods of propulsion, yet outflew our fastest fighters; the odd childlike creatures who were inside….But they possessed a military technology whose edges we could understand and exploit, even if only for self-defence against the Soviets.

    As General Twinning had suggested in his report to the Army Air Forces, “foreign technology” was the category to which research on the alien artefacts from Roswell was to be delegated. Foreign technology was one of the great catch-all terms, encompassing everything from researching French air force engineering advances on helicopter blades to captured Russian MiGs flown in from Cuba…So what if a few pieces of technological debris from a strange crescent-shaped hovering wing turned up in an old file somewhere in the army’s foreign technology files… besides, most foreign technology stuff was classified anyway because it dealt with weapon development we were hiding from the Soviets…

    When the air force became a separate branch of the service, the remaining bodies, stored at Wright Field, along with the spacecraft, were sent to Norton Air Force Base in California, where the air force began experiments to replicate the technology of the vehicle. This made sense. The air force cared about the flight capabilities of the craft and how to build defences against it.

    The Roswell filing cabinet had the alien autopsy reports that stated; “the organs, bones and skin are different from ours. The being’s heart and lungs are bigger than a human’s. The bones are thinner but seem stronger as if the atoms are aligned differently for a greater tensile strength. The skin also shows a different atomic alignment in a way that appears the skin is supposed to protect the vital organs from cosmic ray or wave action or gravitational forces that we don’t yet understand”.

    Col. Corso wondered if “the Extraterrestrial Biological Entities (EBEs) who have fallen into our possession represent the end process of genetic engineering designed to adapt them to long space voyages within an electromagnetic wave environment at speeds which create physical conditions described by Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity”.

    Col. Corso writes that “biological time, the Walter Reed medical examiners hypothesized, must have passed very slowly for the entity because it possessed a very slow metabolism, evidenced, they said, by the enormous capacities of the huge heart and lungs. The physiology of this thing indicated that this was not a creature whose body had to work hard to sustain it. A larger heart, my ME’s report read, meant that it took fewer beats than an average human heart to drive the thin, milky, almost lymphatic-like fluid through a limited, more primitive-looking, and apparently reduced-capacity circulatory system. As a result the biological clock beat more slowly than a human’s and probably allowed the creature to travel great distances in a shorter biological time than humans.

    …Because it functioned as a passive blood storage facility as well as a pumping muscle, it didn’t work the same way as did a four-chambered human heart. They said the alien heart seemed to have had internal diaphragm-like muscles that worked less hard than human heart muscle did because the creatures were meant to survive within a reduced gravity field as we understand gravity.

    As camels store water, so did this creature store whatever atmosphere it breathed in the large capacity of its lungs. The lungs functioned in ways similar to our scuba tanks and released atmosphere very slowly into the creature’s system. Because of the large heart and the storage function we believe it had, we also surmised that it took far less breathable atmosphere to sustain the creature, thereby reducing the need for carrying large volumes of atmosphere along on the voyage… Moreover, because the creatures were only four or so feet tall, the large lungs occupied a far greater percentage of the chest cavity than human lungs did, further impressing the pathologists who examined the creature’s remains. This also indicted to us that perhaps we were dealing with an entity specifically engineered for long distance travel.

    The creature’s bones looked to the army medical examiners to be fibrous, actually thinner than comparable human bones. Pathologists speculated that the bones were more flexible than human bones and had a resiliency that might be related to the function of shock absorbers…with a flexible skeletal frame; these entities appeared well suited for potential shocks and physical traumas of extreme forces and could withstand the fractures that would cripple human space travellers in a similar environment.

    The military recovery team at the Roswell site had reported that the two creatures still alive after the crash had difficulty breathing our atmosphere….My guess was that it was the alien’s sudden exposure to the earth’s gravity that caused the creature to panic at first. That could have been one reason his breathing seemed laboured…Of specific interest was the fluid that served as blood but also seemed to regulate bodily functions in much the same way glandular secretions do for the human body. In these biological entities, the blood system and the lymphatic systems seem to have been combined. And if an exchange of nutrients and waste occurred within their systems, that exchange could only have taken place through the creature’s skin or the outer protective coverings they wore because there were no digestive or waste systems.

    The medical report revealed that the creatures were enclosed within a one-piece protective covering like a jumpsuit or outer skin in which the atoms were aligned so as to provide a great tensile strength and flexibility…the creature’s spacesuit or outer skin appeared to be stretched around it as if it were literally spun over the creature and seized up around it, providing a perfect skin-tight protective fit.

    The lengthwise alignment of the fibers in the suit also prompted the medical analysts to suggest that the suit might have been capable of protecting the wearer against the low-energy cosmic rays that would routinely bombard any craft during a space journey. The interior organs of the creature seemed so fragile and oversized that the Walter Reed medical analysts imagined that without the suit the entity would have been vulnerable to the cumulative physical trauma from a constant energy particle bombardment…

    The Walter Reed doctors were also fascinated by the nature of the creature’s inner skin. It resembled…a thin layer of fatty tissue unlike any they had ever seen before. And it was completely permeable, as if it was constantly exchanging chemicals back and forth with the combination blood/lymphatic system. Was this the way the creatures nourished themselves during their journeys and was this how waste was processed? …their hypothesis that they processed chemicals released from their skin and maybe even recirculated waste chemicals would have explained the lack of any food preparation or waste processing facilities on the craft.

    Another explanation, of course, suggested by the engineers at Wright Field, is that there would have been no need for food preparation facilities had this craft been only a small scout ship that didn’t venture far from a larger craft.

    Much of the attention during the preliminary and later autopsies of the creatures focused on the size, nature, and anatomy of their brains. Much credence also was given to the firsthand descriptions of on-scene witnesses who said they received impressions from the dying creature that it was suffering and in great pain. No one heard the creature make any sounds, so any impressions, Army Intelligence personnel assumed, would have been created through some type of empathic projection or outright mental telepathy. But witnesses said they heard no “words” in their mind, only the resonance of a shared or projected impression much simpler than a sentence but far more complex because they were able to share with the creature a sense not only of suffering but of profound sadness, as if it was mourning for the others who perished on board the craft.

    The medical examiners believed that the alien brain, way oversized in comparison with the human brain and in proportion to the creature’s tiny stature, had four distinct sections. The creatures were dead and the brains had begun to decompose by the time they were removed from the soft spongy skulls that felt to the doctors more like palatal cartilage than the hard bone of a human cranium….The medical examiner wrote that measurements of brain activity taken from the EBE, who was still barely alive at Roswell showed that its electronic signature..displayed a signal similar to what we would call long, low-frequency waves. And the examiner  referred to a description by one of the Roswell Army Air Field doctors that the creature’s brain lobes seem to have been not just physiologically and neurologically integrated but integrated by an electromagnetic current as well”

    The army’s foreign technology files were full of the alien craft’s technology and Col. Corso described what he found; “tiny, clear, single-filament, flexible glasslike wires twisted together through a kind of gray harness as if they were cables going into a junction. They were narrow filaments, thinner than copper wire. As I held the harness of strands up to the light from my desk, I could see an eerie glow coming through them as if they were conducting the faint light and breaking it up into different colors…. As I turned the object over in my hand, I figured, from the way the individual filaments flexed back and forth but didn’t break and the way they were able to conduct a light beam along their length, they were a wire of some sort. But for what purpose I didn’t have a clue.

    Members of the retrieval team who foraged around inside the spacecraft on the morning of the discovery told Colonel Blanchard back at the 509th that they were amazed they couldn’t find any conventional wiring. “Where were the electrical connections?” they asked, because obviously the vehicle had electronics. They didn’t understand the function of the printed circuit wafers they found, but, even more important, they were completely mystified by the single glass filaments that ran through the panels of the ship….This was one of the physical mysteries of the Roswell craft that stayed hidden through the 1950s until one of the Signal Corps liaisons, who routinely briefed General Trudeau on the kinds of developments the Signal Corps was looking for, told us about experiments in optical fibers going on at Bell Labs.

    Then there were the thin two-inch around matte gray oyster cracker-shaped wafers of a material that looked like plastic but had tiny road maps of wires barely raised / etched along the surface. They were the size of a twenty-five-cent piece, but the etchings on the surface reminded me of squashed insects with their hundred legs spread out at right angles from a flat body. Some were more rounded or elliptical. It was a circuit – anyone could figure that out by 1961, especially when you put it under a magnifying glass – but from the way these wafers were stacked on each other, this was a circuitry unlike any other I had ever seen. I couldn’t figure out how to plug it in and what kind of current it carried, but it was clearly a wire circuitry of a sort that came from a larger board of wafers on board the flying craft.

    I was most interested in the file descriptions accompanying a two piece set of dark elliptical eyepieces as thin as skin. The Walter Reed pathologists said they adhered to the lenses of the extraterrestrial creature’s eyes and seemed to reflect existing light, even what looked like complete darkness, so as to illuminate and intensify images in the darkness to allow their wearer to pick up shapes.

    There was a dull, grayish-silvery foil-like swatch of cloth among these artefacts that you could not fold, bend, tear, or wad up but that bounded right back into its original shape without any creases. It was a metallic fiber with physical characteristics that would later be called “supertenacity,” but when I tried to cut it with scissors, the arms just slid right off without making even a nick in the fibers. If you tried to stretch it, it bounced back, but I noticed that all the threads seemed to be going in one direction. When I tried to stretch it widthwise instead of lengthwise, it looked like the fibers had reoriented themselves to the direction I was pulling in. This couldn’t be cloth, but it obviously wasn’t metal. It was a combination, to my unscientific eye, of a cloth woven with metal strands that had the drape and malleability of a fabric and the strength and resistance of a metal…

    Clearly, when the scientists at Roswell saw how this fiber – something like a ceramic – had encased the ship and formed the outer skin layer of the EBEs, they realised it was a very promising avenue for research….Our research and development liaison in the Medical Corps told me that the replication of a supertenacity fiber was still years away back in 1962, but that any help from Foreign Technology that we could give the Medical Corps would find its way to the companies they were working with and probably wouldn’t require a separate R&D budget.

    There was a written description and a sketch of another device, too, like a short, stubby flashlight almost with a self-contained power source that was nothing at all like a battery. The scientists at Wright Field who examined it said they couldn’t see the beam of light shoot out of it, but when they pointed the pencil-like flashlight at a wall, they could see a tiny circle of red light… When they passed an object in front of the source of the light, it interrupted it, but the beam was so intense the object began smoking. They played with this device a lot before they realised that it was an alien cutting device like a blowtorch. One time they floated smoke across the light and suddenly the whole beam took shape. What had been invisible suddenly had a round, microthin, tunnel-like shape to it. Why did the inhabitants of this craft have a cutting device like this aboard their ship? It wasn’t until later, when I read military reports of cattle mutilations in which entire organs were removed without any visible trauma to the surrounding cell tissue, that I realised that the light-beam cutting torch I thought was in the Roswell file was actually a surgical implement, just like a scalpel, that was being used by the aliens in medical experiments on our livestock.

    We believed that the EBEs used lasers for navigation, by bouncing beams off distant objects in space and homing in on them to triangulate a course; for communication, by using the laser beam as a carrier signal or as a signal in and of itself; for surveillance, by painting potential targets with a beam; and for power transmission, illumination and even data storage. The strength and integrity of the laser beam should have served as the EBEs primary method of communication over vast distances or even as a way of storing communications in packages for later delivery.

    Then there was the strangest device of all, a headband, almost, with electrical-signal pickup devices on either side….Embedded by some very advanced kind of vulcanizing process into a form of flexible plastic were what we now know to have been electrical conductors or sensors, similar to the conductors of an electroencephalograph or polygraph. This band was fitted around the part of the alien cranium just above the ears where the skull began to expand to accommodate the large brain….more than one officer at the 509th gingerly slipped this thing over his head and tried to figure out what it did…In their descriptions of the headband, these officers reported everything from a low tingling sensation inside their heads to a searing headache and a brief array of either dancing or exploding colors on the insides of their eyelids as they rotated the device around their head and brought the sensors into contact with different parts of their skull.

    These eyewitness reports suggested to me that the sensors stimulated different parts of the brain while at the same time exchanged information with the brain. Again, using the analogy of an EEG, these devices were a very sophisticated mechanism for translating the electrical impulses inside the creature’s brains into specific commands. Perhaps these headband devices comprised the pilot interface of the ship’s navigational and propulsion system combined with a long-range communications device. At first I didn’t know, but it was only when we began development of the long brain-wave research project towards the end of my tenure at the Pentagon that I realized just what we had and how it might be developed. It took a long time to harvest this technology, but fifty years after Roswell, versions of these devices eventually became a component of the navigational control system for some of the army’s most sophisticated helicopters and will soon be on the American consumer electronics market as user-input devices for personal computer games.

    The first Army Air Force analysts and engineers both at the 509th and at Wright Field were also bedevilled by the lack of any traditional controls and propulsion system in the crashed vehicle… I imagined that the keys to understanding what made the craft go and directed its flight lay not only within the craft itself but in the relationship between the pilots and the craft. If we hypothesized a brain-wave guidance system that was as specific to the pilots’ electronic signature as it was to the spacecraft’s, then we were looking at an entirely revolutionary concept of guided flight in which the pilot was the system. Imagine transportation devices in which the key to the ignition is a digitized code derived from your electroencephalographic signature and is read automatically upon your donning some sort of sensorized headband. That’s the way I believed the spacecraft was navigated, by direct interaction between the electronic waves generated within the minds of the pilots and the craft’s directional controls. The electronic brain signals were interpreted and transmitted by the headband devices, which served as interfaces.

    Experiments were carried out at Norton and ultimately at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada, at the famous Groom Lake site where the Stealth technology was developed….experiments in replicated alien craft continued to be carried on through the years as engineers tried to adapt the propulsion and navigation systems to our level of technology.

    The craft was able to displace gravity through the propagation of magnetic wave, controlled by shifting the magnetic poles around the craft so as to control, or vector, not a propulsion system but the repulsion force of like charges…The air force discovered that the entire vehicle functioned just like a giant capacitor. In other words, the craft itself stored the energy necessary to propagate the magnetic wave that elevated it, allowed it to achieve escape velocity from the earth’s gravity, and enabled it to achieve speeds of over seven thousand miles per hour. The pilots weren’t affected by the tremendous g-forces that build up in the acceleration of conventional air craft because to aliens inside, it was as if gravity was being folded around the outside of the wave that enveloped the craft…But how did the pilots interface with the wave form they were generating?

    I reported to General Trudeau that the secret to this system could be found in the single-piece skin-tight coveralls spun around the creatures. The lengthwise atomic alignment of the strange fabric was a clue to me that somehow the pilots became part of the electrical storage and generation of the craft itself. They didn’t just pilot or navigate the vehicle; they became part of the electrical circuitry of the vehicle, vectoring it in a way similar to the way you order a voluntary muscle to move. The vehicle was simply an extension of their own bodies because it was tied into their neurological systems in ways that even today we are just beginning to utilize.

    So the creatures were able to survive extended periods living inside a high-energy wave by becoming the primary circuit in control of the wave. They were protected by their suits, which enclosed them head to feet, but their suits enable them to become one with the vehicle, literally part of the wave.

    In those draws I had found the puzzle pieces for a whole new age of technology. Things that were only twinkles in the minds of engineers and scientists were right here in front of me as hard, cold artefacts of an advanced culture. Craft that navigated by brain waves and floated on a wave of electromagnetic energy, creatures who looked through devices that helped them turn night into day, and beams of light so narrow and focussed you couldn’t see them until they bounced off an object far away…right in front of us, was the evidence of how an alien culture had adapted itself to long-range space travel, different gravities, and the exposure to energy particles and waves crashing into a space craft by the billions. All we had to do was marshal the vast array of resources in the military and industry at R&D’s disposal and harvest that technology. It was all laid out for us, if we knew how to use it. This was the beginning and I was at the cusp of it.

    For each of the items General Trudeau…found the names of scientist working on Government defence projects…I wasn’t surprised to see Wernher Van Braun turn up under every rocket-propulsion issue. Van Braun had gone on record in 1959 by announcing that the U.S. military had acquired a new technology as a result of top-secret research in unidentified flying objects. Nor was I surprised to see John von Neumann’s name next to the mention of the strange-looking silver-imprinted silicon wafers…Because he was already knowledgeable about the Roswell debris, Dr. Robert Sarbacher was another obvious candidate for an Army R&D brain trust.

    We also listed Dr Wilbert Smith… who had learned of the U.S. investigation from Sarbacher, he said that regardless whether UFOs fit into our belief system or not, the fact was we had acquired them and it was important for us to harvest the technology they contained.

    ..Night vision was the first project we actually seeded during the first year of my tenure at Foreign Technology….By the time I brought the Roswell night viewer to Fort Belvoir, it fit right in through the seam of an existing development program and no one was the wiser…The reverse-engineering of solid-state integrated circuitry began in the weeks and months after the crash even though William Shockley at Bell Labs was already working on a version of his transistor as early as 1946….The army, very covertly, turned some of the components over to research engineers for an inspection, and by the early 1950s the transistor had been invented and transistorized circuits were now turning up in consumer products as well as in military electronics systems.

    The era of the vacuum tube, the single piece of eighty-year –old technology upon which an entire generation of communications devices including television and digital computers was built, was now coming to a close with the discovery in the desert of an entirely new technology….Thus, within months after the Roswell crash and the first exposure of the silicon-wafer technology to companies already involved in the research and development of computers, the limitations on the size and power of the computer dropped..and the next generation of computers went into development…More than one historian of the microcomputer age has written that no one before 1947 foresaw the invention of the transistor or ever dreamed about an entirely new technology that relied upon semiconductors, which were silicon based and not carbon based like the Edison incandescent tube.”

    First public face to face communication between extraterrestrials and humans

    The first public contact between humans and extraterrestrials occurred on the 20th November 1952 near Desert Centre, U.S.A. with amateur astronomer George Adamski. This contact was initiated by the extraterrestrials and included the public appearance of a giant elongated space craft or ‘mother ship’, a smaller bell-shaped craft or ‘scout ship.’ An hour-long communication ensured, a symbolic message was left and everything took place within view of multiple witnesses included anthropologist Dr Williamson and military personnel in aircraft.

    George Adamski had been requested by military personnel to attempt to take photographs of mysterious aircraft, public incidents of which were rapidly increasing in the San Diego area. Adamski did not believe space travel was possible and thought that the craft observed could only be aircraft developed by his own country, until advised otherwise. Military personnel enlisted his help because he was the only person available with a mobile six-inch telescope and an attachable camera and lived in the best location to obtain photographs. Copies of all of Adamski photos and the information received from the extraterrestrials were sent to the military and published in newspapers, books and he spoke at length at public meetings.

    On 9 October 1946 amateur astronomer and retired teacher George Adamski and a group of friends, while watching a meteor shower from their home at Palomar Gardens, California, all saw what appeared to be a gigantic black airship high in the sky. Believing that it was a new type of aircraft that had been developed during the war, they saw it raise its nose upwards and quickly shot up into space leaving a fiery trail which remained for five minutes. On returning inside the house and turning on the radio they were surprised to hear the announcer mention that hundreds of people had reported observing a large cigar-shaped space ship.

    A few weeks later in a cafe during a conversation with people, who had also observed the craft, George Adamski was making the point that it must have been a dirigible and not a space craft because conditions in space were too dangerous and the distances were too great for space travel to be a reality. Six military officers at an adjoining table spoke up and stated “It is not as fantastic as it sounds. We know something about this” and assured them that the ship they had seen was not of this world. After that encounter, Adamski began to study the night skies even more intensely and eventually was rewarded with a remarkable observation. With four other persons they counted 184 brightly illuminated objects moving across the sky from east to west in single file and as they banked towards the south they noticed what appeared to be a ring around a central dome. The last one stopped and shot out two powerful beams of light before continuing on its way.

    The next day a Soil Conservation employee who also lived in a trailer at Palomar Gardens, Tony Belmont, told Adamski that he had been, the night before, at the Dempsey Ranch in Pauma Valley on the western side of Palomar, with a group of men sitting outside. Together they had counted 204 flying objects in single file, which he believed must be U.S. government experimental craft. Two scientists from the Hale Observatory, eleven miles further up Mount Palomar and home to the 200-inch telescope, called into the Palomar Gardens cafe and divulged that they had counted more than 200 of the craft and that they did not belong to the government.

    Adamski was asked by the military, by Mr. J.P. Maxfield and Mr. G.L. Bloom of the Point Loma Navy Electronics Laboratory near San Diego, to try to photograph the strange craft because he was known to be a knowledgeable and dedicated amateur astronomer with two telescopes that were more manoeuvrable than the big telescope at the Hale Observatory, which was also trying to photograph the ships. They advised that keeping his telescopes aimed at the moon was most likely to produce results and eventually he did obtain two photographs of an object moving in front of the moon which he handed over to the officers.

    Adamski lived at Palomar Gardens because at an elevation of 3000 feet (915 metres) and clear viewing in all directions it provided him with perfect conditions for astronomy. Adamski was determined to obtain good photographs and watched the skies through his telescopes continually and often viewed white spots far out in space which appeared to be space ships. Over time he noticed that these space craft seemed to be moving closer to Earth and in increasing numbers. He noticed that the space craft were coming in closer during foggy and stormy weather and at such times they occasionally dropped below the clouds.

    He took over seven hundred photographs, some showed well outlined forms but not much detail and only eighteen were excellent. The camera he used was a Hagee-Dresden-Graphles, a specialized astronomer’s camera that had no lens and photographs could only be taken using the lens of a telescope. Consequently it was not possible to take hoax photographs of models or any nearby objects. Other people living at Palomar Gardens who were interested in his work regularly helped him and also viewed the craft through his telescopes.

    The Air Force had publicly asked all citizens to report any sightings made or photographs taken and Adamski did exactly that. Adamski was told by Mr. G.L. Bloom that the government had detailed knowledge of what was taking place but were forced to cover it up because superstitious and religious people went into a terrible panic whenever they were confronted with the truth that humans were not the only intelligent beings in existence.

    During 1951 and 1952 Adamski made many trips further west into the desert because he had heard that increasing numbers of low level flights and even landings of strange craft were being reported from those areas, though he never saw anything himself. Other people were also becoming interested and Mr and Mrs A.C. Bailey of Winslow, Arizona and anthropologist Dr and Mrs George H. Williamson of Prescott, Arizona had agreed to join George Adamski on such expeditions. With Mrs Alice K. Wells, owner of Palomar Gardens and cafe and his secretary Mrs Lucy McGinnis they all met on the20th November 1952 at Blythe, drove to Desert Centre and continued on towards Parker, Arizona.

    Eleven miles (17.7km) down the road they stopped for a picnic in the desert and just after noon were surprised to observe a gigantic cigar-shaped silvery craft without wings. It was orange on top and the sun reflected brightly off its sides, as it drifted noiselessly above the closest mountain ridge. They had time to view it with binoculars and then drove down the road for half a mile (800m)  and then turned off onto a track and drove on for another half mile to the base of a flat-topped low hill where George thought was the best place to set up his six-inch telescope, tripod and camera. All this time the large craft was high above them and then some planes arrived and appeared to be trying to approach the mystery craft and it moved away beyond the mountain ridge.

    George asked the others to go back to the road and leave him there alone so that there were fewer disturbances in case the craft returned, but to keep him under observation. Five minutes later a small craft drifted through a saddle between two mountain peaks and settled half a mile from George and he began taking photographs. Then he noticed a man standing at the entrance of a ravine between two low hills a quarter of a mile away who was motioning him to approach. Thinking the man to be a prospector or geologist, perhaps needing help, he approached the man while looking around to assure himself that his companions had both of them under observation.

    He walked up to the man, who took four steps towards George, was smiling, and he noticed that the strange man was smaller than himself, about five feet, six inches in height, weighed about 135 pounds and he looked considerably younger, estimating him to be about 28 years old. He had a round face with an extremely high forehead; large grey-green eyes, slightly aslant at the outer corners; high cheek bones, finely chiselled nose, normal mouth with white teeth. He had no hair or stubble on his face, looked more like a child’s face that had never needed to shave and his skin colour was of a medium-coloured suntan. His hair was long, sandy coloured and hung to his shoulders, and it blew about in the desert wind. His body and hands were slender with long tapering fingers.

    He wore a one-piece garment resembling a uniform, chocolate brown in colour, of a very fine woven material, without seems, zippers, buttons, buckles, fasteners or pockets. It did not appear to be satin, silk or rayon and it had more of radiance than sheen. It had a close-fitting high turtle-neck-like collar, long sleeves and trousers with close-fitting bands around the wrists and ankles. There was an 8 inches wide band that circled his waist, above and below this were one and a half inch strips that were brighter than the rest of his uniform, a golden brown. He wore soft flexible blunt-toed shoes with low heels, about size 9 or so, deep red in colour with openings on the outer side between the arch and the heel with two narrow straps.

    He extended his hand as if to shake but instead of grasping George’s extended hand, he placed the palm of his hand against Adamski’s hand, just touching it, which felt warm, firm but delicate. George had decided that this man could only have come from the strange craft previously observed so asked him where he came from, twice, but he received no answer. Then he wondered if the strange man communicated telepathically, so George imagined a picture of a planet in his mind, pointed at the sun, circled the sun with his finger three times while stating “Mercury, Venus” and then “Earth” and pointed at the ground. He did this twice before he received a response. To this the man smiled and he also pointed to the sun, made two orbits of it with his right index finger and touched himself with his left hand.

    George asked “Do you mean you come from Venus.” The strange man nodded his head and with a voice higher pitched than an adult man he spoke the word “Venus.” George then asked “Why are you coming to Earth?” along with gestures and mental pictures. The man pointed to the heat waves rising from the desert. George asked him if his concern was with explosions of nuclear weapons and radio activity. He replied with the word “yes” and gestured with his hands to indicate atom bomb clouds, then stated “boom! Boom!” then touched George, touched a nearby plant, pointed to the earth and swept his hands wide as if to indicate everything could be destroyed.

    He pointed behind them and it was then that George first saw the bell-like craft hovering behind the nearby low hill and laughed at George’s surprise. George asked if he had come directly from Venus in that craft. The man shook his head in the negative and with gestures made George understand that the small craft had come inside the larger craft observed earlier. George decided that the man could receive his mental images when he thought of planes and an aircraft carrier and again the man nodded. George asked if the Air Force planes that had approached the large craft earlier on were a concern and again the man nodded.

    George asked “how does your ship operate and by what power?” The man replied by picking up a small rock and dropping it twice. George picked up two pebbles and put them together and spoke the word “magnetic.” Again the man replied “yes, magnetic.” George asked about little discs that had been reported and the man gestured that they were remotely-controlled observation craft. George asked if he believed in God and the man indicated that humans understood little about the universe. George asked if there would be any more landings and the reply in gestures was that there had been many in the past and that there would many in the future.

    George asked “Are space people coming only from Venus and the man replied in gestures “from many places”. George asked if any of their people had died coming to Earth and he replied “yes”. George asked if men of this world had been responsible for such deaths and again he replied “yes”. Asked why they never land in populated places the reply was that it would create too much fear but that eventually it would be possible.  George asked if he could take a photograph of the man but the reply was negative.

    George asked if any Earth people had been taken away in space craft and he replied “yes”. George asked how many planets were inhabited by people and the man indicated large numbers throughout the universe. George asked if these people died like Earth people and he indicated in the positive by pointing to himself and nodded, then pointed to his head and shook his head in the negative. Then he pointed to himself and indicated that he had once lived on Earth and now lived in space.

    Speaking then in his own language he pointed to his feet and made three sets of deep, distinct footprints in the soil. Then motioning for George to follow him they walked side-by-side to the waiting ship, which was hovering silently about 6 feet above the ground, though only 2 feet above the soil at the rear, where the ground rose up towards the low hill. Strong gusts of wind seemed to cause the craft to wobble at times. It was shaped like a heavy translucent glass bell and within it George could see a shadowy form of someone inside. When the craft wobbled, the sun reflected off the surface causing prismatic rays of light to reflect out from it, reminding George of a smoky diamond.

    The craft was circular in shape with a glowing ball or lens above the dome. At the base of the dome was a ring of heavy coil built into it and beneath it were transparent portholes in the side wall with another similar coil built into its base. Both of these glowed as if there was power running through them. Below the flat side wall with the portholes, the craft expanded out in four concentric rings and finished with a flange. Underneath the craft was a small central dome pointing down and it was surrounded by the landing gear, composed of three large balls, half lowered below the edge of the outer flange.

    For a moment George saw a face very similar to the man that he had been communicating with at one of the portholes. As they approached the craft the man warned George not to get too close but he continued on absorbed by all that he saw, then turned to move away. His right shoulder projected slightly below the outer edge of the flange as he did so and instantly an invisible force dragged his arm up then threw it back down against his body. Although he could move his arm, he had no feeling in it for the next three months.

    George reached into his pocket to check that his photographic plates were undamaged and the man reached out and indicated that he would like to have one of them. George offered the stack to him and the man took the top one and placed it within his blouse, though George did not see any opening. George asked if he could enter the craft and was refused. The man then walked around the back of the craft and onto the sloping bank and stepped onto the flange of the craft which then began to silently rise and move away. As the craft turned George saw a small opening in the centre of the flange being closed by what looked like a sliding door. Beneath the craft George could see two rings beneath the outer flange and an inner ring around the central disc or up-side-down dome. The outermost ring and the innermost ring were revolving clockwise while the middle ring was revolving in a counter clockwise motion.

    Mr and Mrs Bailey, Dr and Mrs Williamson, Mrs Wells and Mrs McGinnis had observed Adamski talking and walking with the man and had observed the craft. The U.S. military was also aware of what had taken place and a number of aircraft including a B-36 came circling overhead as Adamski’s companions rejoined him and together examined and took plaster casts of the man’s footprints. The soles of his shoes left very clear symbols in the fine soil as if a message was being delivered.

    On 24 November the Phoenix Gazette published the encounter with photos and sketches. At 9.00 a.m. on 13 December 1952 Adamski saw a similar iridescent glass-like craft reflecting sunlight as it came in from the ocean until it was 2000 to 3000 feet (600 to 900 metres) away and 300 to 500 feet (90 to 150 metres) above the valley. It hovered motionless and Adamski was able to take four close-up photographs of it through his telescope. He estimated the craft to be about 35 to 36 feet (11metres) in diameter and about 15 to 20 feet (4.5 to 6 metres) high.

    The craft then approached Adamski to within 100 feet (30 metres) and he was able to observe a porthole open and a hand that extended and then dropped the photographic plate, most likely the plate carried away on 20 November.

    The craft then continued north towards the base of the mountain slope where it was observed and photographed by other witnesses that Adamski had alerted. He took the photographic plate to Carlsbad Photography, Mr and Mrs D.J. Detwiler, who developed and printed all of Adamski’s photos.

    George Adamski recounts what happened, next in his book Flying Saucers Have Landed.

    At my request, representatives of two government agencies came up to see me. These men listened intently to my detailed description of all that had taken place, but they registered no surprise. Nor did they express any doubt regarding the truthfulness of my statements. They did not even question me. These men were highly intelligent men and well poised and it may be part of their jobs to display no reaction towards anything reported to them. But my reaction to their attitude was that they realised I was giving them just another report of a type of happening not unfamiliar to them.”

    Six hundred published UFO landing reports were subsequently recorded between 1952 and 1969 in the book The Humanoids edited by Charles Bowen using the research gathered by Aime/ Michel, Jacques Valle/e, Gordon Creighton, Coral Lorenzen, Antonia Ribera and Charles Bowen.

    One of the earliest happened in the spring of 1952, four miles inside the Russian Zone of East Germany, where 48 year-old ex-mayor Linke and his 11 year-old daughter Gabrielle were travelling on a motor-cycle through the forest during the twilight near the village of Hasselbach, Meiningen, when the back tyre was punctured. Pushing the bike quietly along the road they came upon two human-like figures examining something in the vegetation. Leaving his daughter with the bike, the father carefully approached to see what was going on. The weird figures were covered in a silvery shimmering material and one of them had a flashing light on his chest. Behind them he noticed an enormous, squat, circular object that was 50 to 60 feet in diameter that had a conning tower on top and a double row of foot-wide holes, 18 inches apart around the side of the object.

    On hearing Gabrielle calling to her father asking what it was, the two figures hurried back to the craft and scrambled up the dark central tower beneath the object and disappeared inside it. The outer rim began to glow changing from bluey green to red and it appeared to be spinning around like a top with a faint humming sound. The saucer appeared to rise up on its own conning tower until it resembled a mushroom on a stalk. The conning tower appeared to retract and returned to its original position on top as the craft gained speed and altitude with a faint whistling noise. A sawmill watchman and a shepherd half a mile away independently reported seeing a comet-like object flash away from the hill at the same time where Linke and Gabrielle had their encounter with what they thought was a new Russian aircraft or weapon.

    The encounter became known after Linke had escaped out of East Germany to Allied territory and revealed his information before a judge in a sworn statement.

    Forty three years after the publication of The Humanoids the war between humans and aliens continues unabated, still unknown to most of the general public. Jack Shulman, head of the American Computer Company and one of the owners of the Technology International Group and Bell North America, worked on the development of the personal computer in 1978, developed the first windowing operating system in 1975 for Citibank and developed the “pattern creator” from where we got the term “PC.” He grew up in central New Jersey and lived at the household of the head of Bell Labs, Jack Morton, went to school and college with his son and consequently grew up around the various projects of Bell Laboratories in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

    Shulman got involved in technology because he had the opportunity to get to know some of the head researchers of AT &T and Bell Labs, people mentioned by Col. Philip J. Corso in his 1997 book The Day After Roswell. William Shockley, Bob Noyce and Jack kilby, credited with the invention of the integrated circuit, were frequent friends of Jack Morton’s household. In 1995 a long time friend, who was at one time one of the very well known generals in the Pentagon and a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, gave Jack Shulman some documents and asked him to analyse the technology described and determine for him their veracity.

    It included 28 boxes of material that had come from Western Electric and Bell Laboratories including Lab Shopkeeper’s Notebooks almost fifty years old that described technology not yet developed, such as special metals to produce moving parts for anti-gravity propulsion units. They included dynamic electronic, power control and communication technology described only as having been taken from an object of unknown or unearthly origin.

    Jack Shulman and his board decided to include information from the Lab Shopkeeper’s Notebooks on their American Computer Company website asking “Did AT&T receive stolen alien technologies from the US Government in 1947 and thereby invent the transistor, the laser and the integrated circuit?” Three days later their tech support fax machine began receiving top secret, five level clearance, live messages from an orbital Defence Space Platform called Sky Station, a nuclear-hardened Star Wars SDI series platform equipped to carry nuclear weapons. Then their offices were broken into and everything taken out of the filing cabinets, followed by day-long interviews by the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.

    Instead of backing off, Jack Shulman created a website called American Computer Company Special Investigation and claims to have developed two of the devices in the Lab Shopkeeper’s Notebooks. One of these is a Transfer Capacitor, a metal-insulated dielectric junction semiconductor based on silver alkane. Jack Shulman also claims to have received from Senator Kennedy information on a Lincoln Labs funded development project for an offensive weapon, a laser canon needed urgently for the Deep Space 4 probe.

    Is there really a war between humans and extraterrestrials? It is possible that is the belief amongst certain members of the military. The extraterrestrials, if they really exist, might not regard it as a war. To them it may be a simple interrelationship between space-living biological entities with terrestrial biological entities. The EBEs may have been living in our solar system for millennia, taking advantage of a rare living planet and its biological resources, particularly its DNA. Finally, the more intelligent terrestrial entities are becoming more aware of the activities of the extraterrestrial entities.

    The evidence seems to show that there may be many species of EBEs visiting our planet. Whether the human-like ETs are true extraterrestrials, an example of convergent evolution, in which unrelated animals adapting to environmental pressures eventually end up resembling each other, as is common on Earth, or humans that have long ago been abducted and integrated into the extraterrestrial community, is yet to be determined.

    We really only have one detailed published description of an extraterrestrial biological entity described by an author, Col. Philip J. Corso, the former Pentagon Official who published his memoirs in 1997, detailing the discovery of  intelligent extraterrestrial life forms and the retrieval of a crashed spacecraft in 1947 in New Mexico. From this published description we can attempt to classify a species that appears to be fully adapted to life in space. I wrote an article in the Australian UFOlogist, Bimonthly Magazine for Australian and New Zealand UFO Research Volume 7, No. 4, 2003, entitled ‘A Classification of Extraterrestrials Based on Contact Accounts’ classifying this species as; Kingdom; Animalides, Phylum; Chordatides, Class; Mammalides, Order; Primatides Family: Juxtahominidae.

    Roswell Humanoid, (Homoides roswellensis) (Roswell Resembling Man)

    First published description by Corso, Philip J. and Birnes, William J. 1997, The Day After Roswell, Pocket Books, Simon & Schuster Inc., New York, USA, detailing the discovery of intelligent extraterrestrial life forms and the retrieval of a crashed spacecraft in 1947 in New Mexico.

    A 1.5 m tall humanoid with a large bald head, large eyes, small concave nose with 2 nostrils, thin lipless mouth devoid of teeth but with tough gums and an ear hole on each side of the head with a tiny lob. The longest part of the arm is between the elbow and the wrist and the hand has 4 long slender fingers with a small hollow at the tip of each creating a suction pad. At 11.30 pm a crescent shaped aircraft of this species was observed to crash and bodies obtained.



    Corso, Philip J. and Birnes, William J. 1997, The Day After Roswell, Pocket Books, Simon & Schuster Inc., New York, USA.

    Leslie, D. And Adamski, G.  1970, Flying Saucers Have Landed, Neville Spearman Ltd., London, United Kingdom.

    Twilight Zone, Nexus Magazine, 5/02, Feb-March 1988.

      { 1 comment… read it below or add one }